"I love thee to the depth and breadth and height, my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight, for the ends of being and ideal grace...I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death."
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Arrggghhhh

So, I know I've said this before, but I need to say it again.
I hate dealing with insurance.
Health insurance, homeowner's insurance, car insurance....you name it, I hate it.
I realize that it's just the nature of the beast, but I still hate it.

The adjuster came out today at 8:30am as I was feeding Hudson.
He took his little pictures and entertained my "story"...the entire time, just waiting to tell me that it won't be covered.

After pouring through my entire homeowner's policy, I've realized that the only thing they really cover, is if my house burns to the ground, they'll pay to have it rebuilt. And that's only if they can prove it wasn't arson.

Ridiculous.

I'd like to quote, verbatim, from my policy:
From section 1, G "Water"

"We do not insure loss or damage consisting or composed of, or loss or damage directly or indirectly caused by, arising out of or resulting from the following, even if caused by or resulting from a Section 1-Peril:

G: A constant, repeating, gradual, intermittent, steady or slow discharge, seepage, leakage, trickle, collection, overflow or release of water from any source over any period of time"

Tell me, what exactly, then, DO....THEY....COVER?

1 comment:

Blog Archive