"I love thee to the depth and breadth and height, my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight, for the ends of being and ideal grace...I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death."
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy 5 month birthday, Hudson!


Yesterday was Hudson's 5 month birthday and here are some of his favorite things:

1) Bottles, which he now recognizes and shakes with anticipation. His whole body tenses up until it reaches his mouth.

2) Sweet potatoes. Eating them and wearing them. We're getting better at the eating part.

3) Applesauce, which we tried this morning. His eyes lit up and he smiled, but then was extremely frustrated moments later. I can't figure out if his frustration stems from me not being able to feed him fast enough or the fact that he hasn't really mastered the whole eating thing yet.

4) Baths. Kicking and smiling and laughing and splashing. Anything to do with a bath, he usually loves.

5) Standing. Now that he's learned how to straighten his legs and stand, he wants you to let him stand ALL. THE. TIME.

6) Morgan. He loves her. If he's fussy, I call Morgan over and put him next to her and he's immediately fine. **Note, OJ does NOT have the same effect**

7) This is a new one, but I've discovered he likes feathers. We went to Petco yesterday and stopped at the kitten cages. There was a feather toy on top of them so I started playing with the kittens and Hudson let out this loud belly laugh. I thought it was because of the kittens, but then realized his eyes were just watching the feather toy. He laughed every time it moved.

8) Late night chat sessions with himself. I'm going to refer to them as "Hudson Parties" because I don't think they're going to end anytime soon. It's hard to get upset, even though you're exhausted. He makes the sweetest, funniest sounds. I just would rather hear those sounds during the day, not from 2-4am.

I think back to where we were 5 months ago and I can't believe how much has changed and how much he's grown. I didn't know that I could love someone so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive