"I love thee to the depth and breadth and height, my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight, for the ends of being and ideal grace...I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death."
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Florida


We spent a week in Florida with my family and it was soooo much fun!
The beaches were beautiful (my dad found some tarballs the last day we were there, but other than that, we didn't notice the oil spill). We went deep sea fishing one day and caught an enormous amount of red snapper. Darrin, me and my two brothers were fine, but I think everyone else was sea sick. At one point while the boat was driving us to our next spot, Darrin and I were facing everyone else and we were watching about 8 people throw up over the side of the boat. Awesome.
We ate some great food and played triominoes. Hudson loved Dawson, especially after Dawson shared a popsicle with him.
We rented a scooter one day and all took turns driving...worked in a little shopping and some ice cream. It was fun and I would definitely recommend Destin, Florida.
I can't wait until Hudson is a little older and enjoys water more, although the beach and pool did grow on him while we were there. He's not a big fan of the way sand feels, though!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive