"I love thee to the depth and breadth and height, my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight, for the ends of being and ideal grace...I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death."
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Updates

We are officially on the home stretch as far as school is concerned. I took my band to UIL contest last Monday and I'm happy to say that they received straight first division ratings all across the board. (A superior rating from each of three judges on stage and the same in sight reading).
I am so proud of my kids! And I'm so happy that it's over for the year! I love UIL Contest and look forward to the challenge but I'm always so much more relaxed when it's over!
Darrin takes his band to contest on Thursday so our household will be even more relaxed after this week!

Last weekend was our girls' weekend get-away at the Gaylord Texan. We had soooo much fun! It's nice to have husbands that let us get together and can handle the kids for a night!
We started off with lunch at Napoli's, a little Italian place in Downtown Grapevine, which is great. Then went to Painting with a Twist, also here in Grapevine. I cannot WAIT to go back and do another painting! This place was awesome! You can also bring your own wine....when the artist/teacher hears us getting critical of ourselves, she rings a little bell and you are supposed to take another sip of wine.




Then off we went to the Gaylord, where our chocolate martinis awaited us in the room.

We had dinner and then went dancing at Glass Cactus.
When we woke up, we had a breakfast buffet at Riverwalk Cantina in the Gaylord, which was excellent as well!

I'm so lucky to have friends that make weekends like this sooooo much fun!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun girls weekend! I need to check out that painting place, that looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive