"I love thee to the depth and breadth and height, my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight, for the ends of being and ideal grace...I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death."
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Night in the Life....

Last night:

We fed Hudson around 11pm and then put him in his crib. 
He slept soundly until 2:30, at which point I got up and got his bottle ready and walked into his room to pick him up.  I was whispering sweet little somethings into his ear and turned around to sit in the rocker, and lo and behold, Morgan had gotten into his dirty diaper stash in his closet.  Again.  Yes, that's right.  I said "again."

It was everywhere.  

At this point, Hudson has gotten louder and he's not messing around.  He's ready to eat.  I felt like this was cause enough to wake Darrin.
So I go to our bedroom, turn on the light, and there was a dirty diaper laying right beside Morgan.  I just pointed to it and said, "There's plenty more where that came from."
Darrin got up and cleaned what could be cleaned without busting out a vacuum.  (The vacuuming will be left for me today - it was quite fun).   Scolded the crap out of Morgan (we both took part in that).  

Around 3am, I fed Hudson, burped him, and finally put him in his crib around 4am, when I thought he was sound asleep.  I go lay down in bed and say a quick prayer that I'll be able to get just a few hours of consistent sleep.  I'm just drifting off and then I hear it.   The persistent, rhythmic squeak of hiccups from Hudson's room.  I let him squeak for a little while, hoping it will go away.  With each squeak, I just know he's becoming more and more awake.
After about 10 minutes, the squeaks now come with little cries.  

Morgan runs down the hall and rings her doorbell. (Of course, she needs out.  She just feasted on about 8 diapers.)   I go let her out and then get Hudson, who is quite annoyed by his own hiccups at this point.  We rock for about 15 minutes until the hiccups are gone and he's asleep.  I put him in his crib and go let Morgan in.  I lay down in my bed and looked at the clock (4:58).   Once again, said a quick prayer. 

Slept an hour and a half.  Woke up  at 6:30 to feed Hudson.

I love my dog.  I love my dog.  I love my dog.

3 comments:

  1. OJ wants nothing to do with Hudson, and I prefer it that way.
    God bless Morgan, though. She just can't help herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. **Sigh**
    whaddya gonna do??

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive