"I love thee to the depth and breadth and height, my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight, for the ends of being and ideal grace...I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death."
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hudson update


Whenever they did the sonogram on Hudson to see if he had reflux, they found "renal pockets" or "mild hydronephrosis" and referred us to a pediatric urologist. The urologist sent us to the hospital for a VCUG test, which we did on Tuesday. They gave us a CD to bring back to the urologist in a few weeks to discuss the results.

Basically, his kidneys are dilated (stretched) slightly, and they are worried that urine may be flowing back up from the bladder into his kidneys. This doesn't cause pain, but can cause kidney infections and further damage to his kidneys as he gets older. They've told us that most mild cases resolve on their own (about 90%). Worst case scenario is that he would need surgery when he gets a little older, but nothing life-threatening. Nothing we can't handle.

I just get frustrated because once again, I hate dealing with insurance. Since we switched over to Darrin's insurance, we are starting over with our deductible for the plan year. Had to pay $516 for the VCUG and should be getting another bill from radiology anytime. I'm just glad we have the money in savings....for now. With the bathroom remodel and possible foundation repair, I'm not sure how long our savings will last! But hey, God will provide! My husband has a job that supports us and enables me to stay home with our son. We are soooo blessed to have such an amazing, healthy family! Worth every penny and we are rich because of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive