"I love thee to the depth and breadth and height, my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight, for the ends of being and ideal grace...I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death."
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Thursday, October 1, 2009

House

We've had 3 lookers so far.
We've gotten 2 offers now.
We'll see what happens. Darrin and I are both very excited but very sad at the same time.

I know I've done my fair share of complaining about this house, but I can honestly say that I love it. I do. I love it. We've made some wonderful memories here.

We hosted our first Thanksgiving here.
I found out I was pregnant here.
We brought our son home from the hospital to this house. This home.
We've walked to downtown Grapevine for Main Street Days Festival and for Grapefest.
We've hung a hammock and fixed a shed. We've watered our flowerbed and planted flowers with a dear, dear friend.

We've had to walk home from Lazy Bones for undisclosed reasons.
We've had friends pray with us here. We've had friends party with us here.
And now, I have a feeling we'll have to say goodbye and it both lifts my heart and breaks it.

I have to step back from this and remember that it is only bricks and wood and it is not alive.
But it certainly has felt alive to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive