"I love thee to the depth and breadth and height, my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight, for the ends of being and ideal grace...I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death."
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

When it rains, it pours



Life has been crazy...haven't updated in awhile.

We accepted the 2nd offer on our house. The buyers are having a structural engineer come look at the foundation on Friday. We'll see what happens after that.

We've looked at several houses near Paschal. We like two. One of them was built in 1957 and the other was built in 1934. Darrin and I have come to the conclusion that we love old houses. We already knew that, but now we are even more sure of it. I don't know if we will ever live in a new house.

I am just excited that, on Tuesday, we should know either way. We'll either be staying here or moving. I think we'll be happy with either scenario.

Also, on Saturday, Darrin totaled the truck. He hydroplaned and hit a guardrail. He's fine, thank God, but the truck is done for. We sold it on craigslist like hotcakes. It was gone within 30 minutes of posting. Darrin also had 30 voicemails to delete. Crazy.

We bought my parents' white Ford Taurus (thank God they were here when all of this happened). My mom bought a red mini-cooper. It is AWESOME. We told her we'd trade her the Taurus, but she kept the mini. Can't blame her. It has racing stripes. Maybe Darrin could paint some racing stripes on the Taurus?

Hudson is doing great. He's eating sweet potatoes and LOVES them. Can't figure out quite how to eat, though. He just ends up wearing them.
Darrin is giving him his bedtime bottle right now and hopefully he will sleep as well as he did last night!

Guess that's about it for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive