"I love thee to the depth and breadth and height, my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight, for the ends of being and ideal grace...I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death."
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Reflection



Say what you will about the man. Michael Jackson was one talented performer.
I saw "This Is It" last night at 10:30pm because I just couldn't contain my excitement anymore.
It was well worth me being tired today.

For those of you that don't know this, I was (and am) a HUGE Michael Jackson fan.
Did he turn into a freak-schmack? Yes.
Was he an amazing entertainer? Yes, and that is where my respect for him lies.
If we could all conduct with as much passion and grace that he was able to inject into his dancing, we could get so much more from our ensembles. It's effortless.

As I was watching, it brought me back to when I was 12 years old and my only care in this world was what music to listen to that day. My parents worried about paychecks and mortgages and groceries and bills so that I COULD sit and listen to Michael Jackson and collect (I'm somewhat ashamed to admit) FAR too much memorabilia. Yes, I have the Thriller doll. Don't hate.

Now, I'm the parent. And I want to worry about those things (maybe "worry" isn't the best word choice. I want to "take care of" those things) so that Hudson can enjoy whatever it is that he loves. And I cannot wait to find out what he loves and continue to see what kind of person he will become.

I have to admit that one of the things on my list was to see Michael Jackson perform live.
You know, the list of "Things to do before I die."

It never happened.
It will NOT happen.

Life is far too short to put things off until tomorrow.



1 comment:

Blog Archive