"I love thee to the depth and breadth and height, my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight, for the ends of being and ideal grace...I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death."
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Sunday, September 21, 2014

When we hug, we squeeze


We had another good week at school, all of us.
Hudson is now a part of the Accelerated Reader program at his elementary school.
He scored a 100% on the first quiz he took.
He came home with another book the very next day.
It amazes me, that he reads so well.
Not only that, but he COMPREHENDS what he is reading.
As I'm typing this, the same child is currently being disciplined by his father for saying the same potty word, over and over again.....some things....I don't understand.
I asked Hudson on Friday, "What do I have to do to help you stop saying those words (potty words such as poopy and booty and butt)? YOU tell ME? What do I have to do?!" He said, "I don't know....I try to keep them in my head, but sometimes...I just can't."  We had my mother-in-law, Katie, here this weekend, which was so great to have a little extra help with the boys on Saturday while Darrin was at Jazz Band Auditions.  Mel and Jen (Darrin's sisters) were also in town and the twins (Abby and Tayler, our nieces) live here now.  It was SO GREAT  to catch up with family.  We went to Uptown Dallas (lol) with the boys on Friday. It was an adventure, to say the least.  The boys actually did great, but trying to park down there is stressful enough when you're alone.  I would not describe it as "super fun" when you also have two small children in your car, constantly asking, "Are we there yet? Mom, are you going to park? Mom, when are we going to get out of the car?! Mom, I have to pee! Mom, when are we going to see Nana?  Mom, can you please park now?!"  On Saturday, we had Lil' Dragons, which Nana got see Hudson show off his moves.  Then the boys went to Adventure Kids that night while the adults went to have dinner at Blue Goose.  Today, I got some laundry and cooking done and then saw a movie with Ryan (This is Where I Leave You)....it was really good.  After the movie, we took the boys to the splash pad by Agave Azul and now we're home about to put them to bed so we can watch Parenthood.  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the show, "Parenthood."  It is amazing....
Not much else to report except the happenings of the week.
My title, however, refers to some progress being made in regards to Hudson's social skills and his affection for his brother.  On Saturday night, I was putting Brody to bed and the twins were putting Hudson to bed.  We were all in the bathroom while they brushed teeth, which is where I usually try to get them to hug each other, say good night, etc....Hudson is always very "against" that.  This usually hurts Brody's feelings....the struggle is real.  Well, I asked Hudson if Brody could give him a hug and he said, "Only if he asks me and says 'please'...."  So...I had Brody ask Hudson, "Bubba, can I give you a hug, please?" Hudson LET him hug him.  It was awesome.  He pretty much refused to hug him back. He just stood there, limply tolerating it. But...it is PROGRESS.  And progress is GOOD.







1 comment:

  1. Yay for progress, that is awesome!!! Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive